Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Challenge Five - Wikipedia Edit

I edited the page on Parade Float: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_%28parade%29

I added this quote "the 500 Festival Parade in Indianapolis, the United States Presidential Inaugural Parade," because our family business was building parade floats and I had been involved in both many times.

In the past I have encouraged my students to use only use subscription encyclopedia resources such as Worldbook or Groliers.  Now that I have actually edited a page, I will encourage them to become an expert on something so they may add to or edit existing posts about things they are knowledgeable about.  During our research process assignment, I will continue to endorse either a print or online source that has been written by professional fact-checkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment